Monday 25 January 2010

Global Knowledge UK "Trainer of the Year"

Global Knowledge UK had their annual kick-off event on Saturday in Warwickshire, and I was delighted to win the award of "Trainer of the Year" for 2009. The criteria were related to the quality of course delivery in class, nominations from peers, and the contribution to the business over the year.

I joined Global Knowledge back at the start of 2009 at the same time as the company was appointed as a VMware Authorized Training Center (VATC), and my role has become as much about the work I do outside the classroom as well as the training I deliver in the classroom.

A big part of my job is working closely with the Sales and Marketing functions to grow our presence as a VATC in the UK market for official VMware training. As well as the work I do internally within the company, the public online activities I perform and participate in (such as this blog) have been hugely rewarding personally and beneficial for the company.

Thanks to all my colleagues who have supported me over the last 12 months.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Scott!! That's Brilliant news. Looks as though all of your hard work has paid off!!

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I'm considering moving into that field myself once I earn my VCP in the next couple of months, and you've been a model example of professionalism.

    ReplyDelete